January 21, 2021

Red Ants COO Defends His Company On Alexandra Demolitions


Following the probe on Alexandra Demolition, The COO of the company Balintulo Fuzile came out in defense of his company.

(Picture: Red Ants and Johannesburg Metro Police demolished 1,000 shacks on Tuesday. Photo: Zoe Postman


Tiyani Solly Mabunda


JOHANNESBURG – COO Balintulo Fuzile came out in defense of his company the Red Ants. He said, “The Red Ants receives its powers to proceed with from court.” The Alex evictions took place two days before the May 8th general elections.

Too many families were left stranded when their houses and shacks were bulldozed down to the ground. Authorities including the city’s municipal government of the DA have since not stopped pointing fingers at the Alex Renewal Project’s administration.

While the families of the destitute are stranded without land to rebuild and material to start with. The city’s mayor and the demolition company COO himself have not stopped shifting blame to the other. It is not clear so far who is going to be held accountable for the action.

At the same time, the Alexandra Renewal Project (ARP) and its committee members are being investigated. Heading the commission of enquiry for this particular case is Han Rights’ Buang Jonas.

Also Read: AKA will perform alongside Cassper Nyovest on 29 June

Many who were at the forefront of this project wish the earth could open up and swallow them. Castro Ngobese, spokesperson for the Gauteng human settlements office also spoke on TV in defense of Lebogang Maile, the current MEC for this department in Gauteng.

Maile has said that it is wrong that the money allocated for ARP was used wrongfully and he said it has been used to build clinics, police station and houses. When former president Thabo Mbeki came and gave the residents of Alex over a billion rand, Paul Mashatile was a premier of the province at the time. It remains to be seen what the investigations are going to yield out and who will get implicated by the commission’s outcome and whether they will be made to account for the loss?

Read Previous

SABC Staff evacuated following Fire Outbreak

Read Next

VOICES | Limpopo Accidents raises many Questions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.