No Loadshedding on Wednesday.
Eskom announced that there won’t be loadshedding for a day due to some ‘improvements’ in the power utility. Eskom announced the developments on Wednesday.
“While the system remains vulnerable, several units have returned successfully and good progress has been made in replenishing emergency reserves,” Eskom said on a statement.
Despite the progress, Eskom warned there is a high chance to implement loadshedding for the next 18-months coming. Eskom also advised customers to use power ‘sparingly’
Here’s some tips the power utility advised customers to use:
- Set air-conditioners average temperature at 23°C
- Switch off your geysers over peak periods
- Use the cold water tap rather than using the geyser every time
- Set your swimming pool pump cycle to run twice a day, three hours at a time
- At the end of the day, turn off computers, copiers, printers and fax machines at the switch