JOHANNESBURG | Samsung announced the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and it is sure a game-changer. The new foldable phone was displayed at the Unpacked event in San Francisco on Tuesday 12 February.
The Galaxy Z Flip is still on the Android OS. One outstanding feature is the seemingly plastic screen that allows you to fold the Galaxy Z Flip smartphone into a small – portable device.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip: Specifications
- Operating System: Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- Main display: 6.7-inch FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED, Infinity Flex
- Front display: 1.1-inch Super AMOLED
- Storage: 256GB
- Memory: 8GB
- Rear cameras: 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle f/2.2 123-degree; 12-megapixel wide-angle f/1.8 78-degree
- Front camera: 10-megapixel f/2.4 80-degree
- Battery: 3,300 milliamp-hour
- Connectivity: LTE-only, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, NFC
- Dimensions: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3mm (folded), 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2mm (open); 183g
- Colors: Mirror purple, mirror black, mirror gold
Prices and Shipment South Africa
The Galaxy Z Flip will launch on Friday, Feb. 14 in retail stores and online. With the launch just a few days away, there isn’t a preorder. It will cost $1,380.
The prices for the smartphone for South Africa is yet to be announced. On February 12, 2020, the equivalent of the announced amount was equal to R20437,77 in South Africa. This of course changes with countries, shipments, contracts, and providers.