The Economic Freedom Fighters’ (EFF) members of the Provincial Legislature allegedly assaulted security officers in Eastern Cape on Tuesday.
In a video shared by Dispatch Live, members of the provincial legislature wearing red overalls could be seen smacking the officers.
Dispatch Live reported that the assaulted security are personnel who had been instructed to eject MPLs for wearing their trademark red overalls to the Eastern Cape legislature.
- Breaking: Matric results to be published on public platforms, court orders
- SOS (Big Xhosa) throws hard bars on this new Sway In The Morning themed freestyle
- SA opens NantSA vaccine production campus
- Former Eskom senior manager loses application to appeal forfeiture order
- SA records close to 1 700 new COVID-19 cases, 87 deaths
After EFF MPLs and party members eventually left the chambers, legislature staff were seen cleaning the blood off the floor. Because of the violence, the debate was delayed by more than an hour.