The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has warned that a fake news post about the R350 grant applications has been doing the rounds on social media.
SASSA warned people on its official Twitter account @OfficialSASSA not to fall for the latest scam.
This follows after a message that said people are getting paid trended on social media. The post claimed that Sassa will pay people according to the last digits of their ID’S.
Please note that the below information is false and NOT from SASSA. Payments for the special COVID-19 SRD grant will be made from today (23 August 2021,) however beneficiaries cannot be give a specific date as to when that particular beneficiary will be paid,”wrote SASSA
Meanwhile, Some applicants have reported having trouble tracking their application status. SASSA has apologized to all applicants and has vowed to fix any glitches on the website.
“Soon after we fix the system you will be able to check on the website. We are working on this. Apologies for this” SASSA tweeted in response to an applicant.
Applications for the grant can be submitted on the following platforms:
- SASSA website – https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email – email@example.com
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org