SASSA has announced that beneficiaries are now able to change their R350 grant payment method whenever they feel like it.
“Payment method for the special COVID-19 SRD grant can now be changed on any day of the month,” is the latest update from SASSA.
Previously, beneficiaries were only allowed to change their SRD grant payment method during the first week of every month. Now, it has changed to whenever beneficiaries feel the need to do so.
How To Change SRD Grant Payment Method
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll to ‘How do I change my banking details’
- Submit your ID Number
- An SMS containing a secure link, unique to you, will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during application
- Click on the link in the SMS
- Follow the instructions carefully
The R350 grant can be paid into a bank account, through a Post Office or via CashSend.
Beneficiaries are reminded that there is no set R350 grant payment date. SASSA aims to make SRD payments very soon after verifying the R350 grant application.
The grant will then be paid using the payment method chosen by the beneficiary.
How can I check the status of my application?
Applicants can follow the progress of their application using WhatsApp.
The method is one of several introduced by Sassa to make grant applications easily accessible to applicants.
- Save the number 082 046 8553 listed on the Sassa website to your cellphone.
- Type “status” and you will receive a response asking for your reference number.
- Send the reference number and you will receive a notification regarding the status of your application.