Studying at The University of South Africa (UNISA) can be very convenient for those that want quality education, flexible study time, distance learning, and studying while working.
UNISA is a highly recognised and accredited open distance e-learning institution with campuses and writing stations across the country. UNISA offers modules under Faculties of Accounting Sciences, Education, Human Sciences, Economic & Management Sciences, Graduate Studies, Agriculture & Environmental Sciences, Science, Engineering & Technology, and Law.
UNISA application Dates for 2022 Enrolment
Unisa is currently open for applications and will accept applications for admission to the 2022 academic year from 11 August to 15 October 2021.
They also announced that additional application dates may be announced if there are still spaces available for the 2022 academic year.
How to apply to UNISA succesfully
In general, Universities accept students on general terms including their Academic Points Score (APS), availability of space, application period window, and the assessment tests that are prerequired by some departments. But looking at UNISA 2021 application, this is what we have observed as a way for a successful consideration. Always remember, despite these tips, the University will always have a final say on your application despite how deserving you think you are.
- Have a cellphone and create an email first. We recommend a FREE Google Mail account (GMAIL) to simplify things. You will recieve most of the University confirmations via the SMS and Email address.
- Apply within the stipulated period for application to avoid late applications and being placed on waiting list. As stated earlier, applications for UNISA admission to the 2022 academic year from 11 August to 15 October 2021.
- Use the official UNISA website to apply
- Make sure the course you select matches your Academic Points Score (APS), or for existing learners who are still studying towards their matric, be confident that you will reach the targert APS requested. It’s great to be ambitious, but it is great to knows your strength and weakness.
- Ready important documents. The University will likely request your ID Copy, your school results, any previous results you might have acquired from other institutions and even though seldomly of late, Proof of Address.
- Pay the application fee immediately when the system requests you to. UNISA’s application fee for the 2021 academic year is R120. The University says the application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa.
After applying at UNISA, make sure to keep checking your email now and then for any further communications from the University. It’s important to note the dates and reply on time should the university request further information as spaces are usually catered on a First-come, first-serve basis.
Should you be fortunate enough to get accepted, the next task will be registrations. Finances can be tough. If you know that you are from a disadvantaged family, it is recommended to apply for National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) on time.
NSFAS applications for student funding for the 2022 academic year are opened from 1 September to 30 November 2021. It is always good to submit your application earlier than the deadline.